Peer Review Process for Papers Submitted for Publication in the Annual Journal “Quaestiones Medii Aevi Novae”
The peer review process for journal publications follows the guidelines put forth by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. It is carried out in accordance with confidentiality rules and ensures the anonymity of both parties. Each peer review is performed by experts in the field which is discussed in the reviewed paper.
The peer review process is conducted in accordance with the following rules:
1. The initial evaluation is carried out by the editorial board on the basis of substantive and formal criteria and the author is notified if the manuscript has been submitted for peer review or else, if the board has rejected the manuscript.
2. The manuscript is anonymized and sent to two external reviewers who are not affiliated with the author’s institution or the editorial board.
3. Reviewers are selected by the editor-in-chief working in cooperation with other members of the editorial board.
4. The author is notified of the results of the peer review and of any comments made by the reviewers.
5. If a review includes critical comments and suggestions for necessary changes, the editor-in-chief notifies the author, personally or by proxy of the secretary of the editorial board, and the author either applies the necessary changes, or responds to the objections in case he or she deems them to be unjustified.
6. The final decision regarding the publication of the manuscript is made by the editor-in-chief, in agreement with other members of the editorial board. In justified cases, the editorial board may appoint additional reviewers.
7. The editorial board reserves the right to propose corrections on the basis of its own judgement or the opinions of reviewers, and the final decision regarding publication is contingent on the author of the manuscript accepting such corrections.
8. When the manuscript is approved for print, it is sent for copyediting and markup by the publishing staff and the secretary of the editorial board.
9. The current list of reviewers working with the editorial board is available on the website of the journal.
Editorial Board of “Quaestiones Medii Aevi Novae”